Traditionally, the cleaning of our residential homes and businesses is often associated with the start of Spring, but for primary and secondary schools across the UK, Summer is the perfect opportunity to deep clean buildings and facilities.
Keeping large premises clean and tidy can often be a difficult and daunting task for any member of staff, especially during those hectic final days of the summer term.
However, with most schools now breaking up for their schedule 6 week holiday, summer provides the perfect opportunity to complete those cleaning tasks that are yet to be completed, as well as the deep cleaning of floors, walls and other surfaces.
Summer Deep Cleaning Schedule
By conducting an initial action plan before the commencement of the annual summer break, you can certainly save yourself time and improve efficiency. It’s also important to understand that a deep clean should focus on cleaning areas that cannot be completed during term time due to time constraints.
With the assistance of a professional scrubber dryer or steam cleaner you should focus on the following areas during the school deep cleaning process:
- Thoroughly clean all floor surface types, remove any carpet stains and deodorize.
- All gymnasium and sports equipment should also be deep cleaned to improve hygiene and lifespan.
- Food service equipment and work surfaces should be professional treated to remove grease and bacteria, as well as any eating areas used by pupils and staff.
- Paint, ink and chewing gum stains must be also removed from tables, chairs and classrooms.
- Deep cleaning toilets, changing rooms and showers can help to reduce limescale and improve the hygiene of the facilities. Most stains cannot be removed during normal, everyday cleaning.
- Finally, the summer break also provides a fantastic opportunity to thoroughly dust classroom bookcases, fixtures and fittings.
From improvements to everyday health and hygiene to increasing facility lifespan and appearance, the deep cleaning of all educational facilities should never be ignored during prolonged holidays. To help improve cleaning quality, value for money and efficiency, we strongly recommend hiring professional industrial cleaning equipment.